Poem: Misnomers

Why do they call bad men dogs or pigs?

Dogs and pigs are lovely, loyal, intelligent.

Why do they say honorable behavior is noble or classy?

Nobles were sadists, slavers and rapists and their descendants still are

Why do they call evil men dicks?

Dicks are hilariously sublime.

Why call non-aggressive guys pussies?

Pussies are the sweetest miracles of the world.

Why do they call mean, angry women bitches?

Female dogs have a heart of gold.

Why do they vilify bastards?

Bastards revolutionize by breaking the illusion of marriage’s necessity.

Why do they say a graceful, chaste woman is a lady?

Court ladies aka courtesans were bought and sold sex workers

Why do men call women babes?

Is that their ultimate pedophilic fantasy? Yuck.

11 Comments

1. Cubby says:

Lol very good questions! We need to stop insulting animals by comparing them to people. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Cubby, I’m sorry for the late response, I was in workaholic mode, but I’m back to my usual lounge mode. Yes, I think animals have a grace and natural wisdom that people lack. People think they’re so superior, it’s really probably the opposite! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Cubby says:

I’ve been busy with other things as well, so I completely understand. Animals are definitely superior, in my opinion, for not having destroyed the world we live in.

Liked by 1 person

2. Hi Cubby, I’m glad you understand. I agree, humans are the fools that separated themselves from nature, not realizing, that they’re a part of nature! Destroyers of our only, shared home. Scientists are finally acknowledging that animals have emotions, feel love, joy, they mourn, remember, dream and empathize. They’re more like us than not, except they’re not as selfish/stupid as we are!

Liked by 1 person

2. Andrea says:

Wow Judy, this is deep, creative and intelligent.
    You should send this poem to some sort of writing contest. I really think it has a winner potential!
    Have you ever tried something like that?

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi Andrea, thanks! Sorry for the late response! I haven’t tried submitting poems to contests because I don’t want to be rejected 😀, but I’m flattered that you like it.

3. syl65 says:

It is amazing how words can take on a different meaning like that. Couldn’t help nodding in agreement.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Syl, I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to respond to your comment. I was under a mountain of work. I think the double meanings in words are sometimes stuck in a different era. It’s funny and disturbing at the same time🙂

1. syl65 says:

You’re welcome, Judy and of course, no problem. Each has definitely passed on through the ages 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Lucia says:

Wow this poem is very powerful Judy.

Liked by 1 person